Northwest Terascale Research Projects:
Parton Showers and Event Structure at the LHC
All talks are in the HEP conference room. The schedule will evolve as the week goes on.
Monday 23 February
- 9:00 Welcome at ITS Office.
- 10:00 Rick Field: Review of the CDF Monte-Carlo Tunes.
- 2:15 Peter Skands: modeling the underlying event.
- 3:15 Dave Soper: discussion on theory of multiple parton interactions.
Tuesday 24 February
- 9:30 Rick Field: Min-Bias and the Modeling of Pile-Up at CDF.
- 11:30 Rick Field: Study of the Underlying Event at CDF.
- 2:00 Steve Mrenna: discussion of parton distributions for parton showers.
Wednesday 25 February
- 9:30 Peter Loch: jet substructure at Atlas.
- 11:00 Nikos Varelas: QCD at CMS
- 2:15 Jon Walsh: how to use jet substructure to find things.
Thursday 24 February
- 9:30 Rick Field: Multi-Jet Production at CDF.
- 11:00 Michael Peskin: Parton showers with matrix element matching.
- 1:30 Peter Skands: Higher order aspects of parton showers.
- 2:30 Christian Bauer: Log improved exclusive cross-sections and the merging of fixed order calculations with parton showers
- Physics Department Colloquium.
The Next Spectroscopy:
New Elementary Particles at the Large Hadron Collider
There is tea at 3:40 followed by the colloquium at 4:00.
Friday 25 February
- 9:30: Discussion. What do we need from parton shower programs to be more useful for the LHC? What experimental input would be helpful?
Last updated 25 February 2009
Davison E. Soper
Institute of Theoretical Science
University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403 USA