travelnews: purchasing airfare

The new year is bringing some changes to how and where we can purchase
airfare tickets.  We still have 3 contracted travel agencies who will
still
charge your ticket purchases the same way as they have been done in the
past.  They are as follows.....

Ambassador Travel

Azumano/Away Travel

Premier Travel

A major difference in the contracts are ticketing fees.  The 3 agencies
all have different fee schedules. It is important that you consider
these
fees when looking for the best fare.  Another big change is that these
contracts are now non-exclusive. This means that you can purchase a
ticket
from an internet site or another travel agency. Their ticketing fees
will
also have to be considered.

The difference is the way you would pay for that ticket. If you choose
use another travel agency or an internet site, you will have to use your
personal credit card or you can now use your department Procurement
Card.
Please note....if you use your department Procurement Card it does not
provide insurance coverage that the Corporate Travel Card or the
University Ghost Cards provide.

The 3 contracted travel agencies are also the only agencies that will
have
access to the State of Oregon City Pair Contract.

This is a very brief update on what is happening.  We will provide more
detailed information as it becomes available.  If you have questions
about
using the Procurement Card, please call DeanneLahie-Nol @ 3156 or Lynne
Harrell @ 3220. Travel questions can be directed to Carolyn Wooley @
3158.