travelnews: Moving Wxpense and Sabbatical Travel

This message is being posted to BAO News and Travelnews.

NEW EMPLOYEE MOVING EXPENSE TRAINING

The Business Office is offering a new training opportunity.  We will be
conducting a one hour training on New Employee Moving Expenses.  We will
be covering the OUS policy and IRS tax implications.  We will also give
you the opportunity to ask your questions.  We recommend attendees have
either taken the travel training class or are familiar with the UO travel
rules.

DATE:  May 27  Thurs
TIME:   10-11 AM
PLACE:  BAO conference room 135 Oregon Hall

For more information or to reserve a space call Judy Fossum at 6-2387.

The following is a reminder of new approval requirements for travel while
on sabbatical and moving expenses.  See the travel web page for complete
instructions. http://baowww.uoregon.edu/traveladministration.htm

MOVING EXPENSES APPROVALS

Approval must be on file to pay or reimburse a new employee for moving,
househunting and temporary living expenses.  Academic departments should
now seek approval first from the Deans/Directors Office, then the Vice
President of Academic Affairs.  All other offices should seek approval
from the appropriate Vice President.

SABBATICAL/OTHER LEAVE TRAVEL

Travel while an employee is on sabbatical/other leave must be approved
first by the Deans/Directors office, then the Vice President of Academic
Affairs. These must be approved in advance of the travel.  A form is
required.
See the web at
http://baowww.uoregon.edu/Travel/travelreimbursement.htm#SabbaticalorOtherLeave

If you have questions call Carolyn Wooley at 6-3158.

To view all TRAVELNEWS messages posted since October 31, 2001 visit our
archive at http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~travel/travelnews/index.html