Publications: Equity in Teaching Evaluations
- S. A. Basow, Student ratings of professors are not gender blind, (1994).
- S. A. Basow and N. T. Silberg, Student evaluation of college professors: Are female and male professors rated differently?, Journal of Educational Psychology 79 no. 3 (1987), 308-314.
- S. K. Bennett, Student perceptions of and expectations for male and female instructors: Evidence relating to the question of gender bias in teaching evaluations, Journal of Educational Psychology 74 no. 2 (1982), 170-179.
- N. Collins, There’s No Easy Fix for Gender Bias in Student Evaluation of Teachers, Pacific Standard, January 8, 2016.
- P. B. Elmore and K. A. LaPointe, Effects of Teacher Sex and Student Sex on Evaluation of College Instructors, Journal of Higher Education 66 no. 3 (1974).
- P. B. Elmore and K. A. LaPointe, Effects of teacher sex, student sex & teacher warmth on evaluation of college instructor, Journal of Higher Ed Psychology 67 no. 3 (1975).
- C. Flaherty, Bias Against Female Instructors, Inside Higher Ed, January 11, 2016.
- N. Hensel, Realizing Gender Equality in Higher Education, ASHE-ERIC Higher Education Report 2, (1991).
- C. Hogan, Review of the literature: The evaluation of teaching in higher education, Instructional Development Center, McMaster University (1978).
- N. Koblitz, Are Student Ratings Unfair to Women, Association for Women in Mathematics Newsletter 20 no. 5 (1990), 17-19.
- N. Koblitz, Bias and other factors in student ratings, Chronicle of Higher Education 93/9/1 (1993), B3.
- J. P. Lombardo and M. Tocci, Attribution of positive and negative characteristics of instructor as function of attractiveness and sex of instructor and sex of subject, Perceptual & Motor Skills 48 (1979).
- A. Marcotte, Best Way For Professors to Get Good Student Evaluations? Be Male, Slate, December 9, 2014.
- A. Statham and L. Richardson, Gender and University Teaching,
SUNY Press (1991).
- A. Statham, L. Richardson, and J. Cook, Gender and University Teaching: A Negotiated Difference,
SUNY Press (1991).
- D. Storage, Z. Horne, A. Cimpian, S-J. Leslie, The Frequency of “Brilliant” and “Genius” in Teaching Evaluations Predicts the Representation of Women and African Americans across Fields, PLOS ONE, March 3, 2016.