Projects and Research
Students have the opportunity to submit an article for publication as a part of original research, or while working on a special problem they are interested in. Abstracts for these articles can be accessed from the links below.
Original Research Abstracts:
- Advanced Clinical Skill Acquisition in Post-Professional Athletic Training Education
- Number of Years in a Functional Strength Training Program Does Not Effect Observed Movement Dysfunctions in Overhead and Single Leg Squatting
- The Effect of a Core Stabilization Intervention on Movement Screen Scores in Collegiate Football Players
- Soleus Muscle Firing Patterns Associated with the Heel Lift Error during the Deep Overhead Squat.
- Evaluating the Inter-/Intra-rater Reliability of a Functional Movement Assessment
- Vertebral Endplate Changes in College Football Players.
- An Examination of Knee Injury Rates in Soccer Athletes with and without Ankle Restriction.
- Perceived Professional Preparation of Newly Certified Athletic Trainers.
- Effects of a Novel Sport-Specific Air-Resistance Strength Training Method on Rotator-Cuff Strength and Tennis First-Serve Performance.
- The Effects of Starting a Family on the Professional Lives of Female Athletic Trainers.
- The Effectiveness of Prophylactic Taping and Bracing on Alleviating Chronic Wrist Pain in Female Gymnasts
- Prostaglandin E2 Production Associated with Exercise-induced Muscle Damage
- Religion as a means of coping with stress among athletic trainers
- Athletic Trainer's Confidence in Identifying and Effectively Managing Disordered Eating in Female Athletes Following an Educational Seminar (downloadable pdf)
- Back Pain in Whitewater Rafting Guides (downloadable pdf)
- Investigation of An Original Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome Screening Tool with An Emphasis on Lower Extremity Dynamic Control in Active Females (downloadable pdf)
- Managing Sport-Related Concussion: A Survey of Standardized Protocols and Computerized Testing (downloadable pdf)
- The Effectiveness of Active and Traditional Teaching Techniques in the Orthopedic Assessment Laboratory
- A Comparison of Whole Body Vibration and Resistance Training on Total Work in the Rotator Cuff
- The Relationship between Scores from a Novel Functional Movement Screen and Time Lost Due to Injury
- Temporal Reliability of the Functional Movement Screen
Special Problemís Abstracts:
- Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome
- Recurrences after Primary Anterior Shoulder Dislocation: Does position of immobilization affect healing of the Bankart lesion?
- Effect of Hernia Surgical Procedures on Rehabilitation Time.
- Letter to the Editor: Research support for the use of massage as a treatment modality.
- A Comparison of Ankle Support Methods
- Omega-3 fatty acids as a potential preventative modality in sports medicine: A critical review of current research
- Does low-level laser therapy promote tissue repair?
- Does McKenzie Therapy Improve Outcomes For Back Pain? (downloadable pdf)
- Are neuromuscular intervention training programs effective in preventing anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries in female athletes?
- Effects of Stretching on Performance
- Do proprioceptive and balance exercises improve outcomes following ACL deficiency and reconstruction?
- Therapeutic ultrasound: an unproven modality
- Are Eating Disorder Prevention Programs Effective?
- Understanding the Mixed Martial Arts Athlete: A Clinician's Perspective.
- Using Therapeutic Hypothermia in a Wilderness Setting